Time is of the essence when water damage affects your home, as it can be hugely detrimental to the structural integrity of your floors, ceilings, and home. Water Damage America understands how water damage affects the different surfaces of your home dependent on the materials used, and we will work quickly to ensure that minimal damage is done so the restoration process is more efficient.
Water Damage America can clean and restore homes from any water damage. While each situation may vary, some common sources of water damage are:
– Storm Damage
– Hurricane Damage
– Dryers, Refrigerators, or Toilets Leaking
– Broken Pipes
– Sewage Issues
If you come across water damage in your home, your first assessment of the situation should be based on safety. Ask yourself these questions:
1. What is the extent of the damage?
2. Am I safe to stay in my home?
3. Are there any electrical hazards?
Once you know that you are safe, there are some things you can do in emergency water damage situations to assist the restoration crew before they arrive. These include:
– Wipe/mop excess water from floors and surfaces/items that were damaged
– Remove and dry wet upholstery
– Clear the damaged area of furniture and loose items
– Turn on air conditioning to promote drying
You should NEVER use electrical appliances that are close to the water damaged area. You should only try to start the cleanup process if you are safe in your home. If the water damage poses a threat to you and your family, evacuate immediately and call the water damage experts at Water Damage America. We will ensure your home is safe and restored.